Monsoons are round the corner and you never know when the innocent looking drizzle turn into a hailstorm.
Delhi's weather is high with humidity but as a Delhiite .. I know it can rain anytime now !
For the next 2 months , all we can do is keep our make up waterproof !
Here are few tips ( make up wise)
- Cleanse , tone and moisturize usual . Oily skinned ladies , use a lighter moisturizer .. something that will give you a matte effect as humidity level are set to increase and you wont need the extra moisture. Recos - Lacto Calamine , Vichy Pro matte and Ponds matte oil control concentrate
- Apply a waterproof sunblock . Recos - Neutrogena Ultra sheer
- Dont use liquid /Cream foundation as they will simply melt off , no matter how you apply it . Best fix would be using Powder foundations/compacts to give some coverage . Its great for touch up too :) I like Maybelline dream matte powder
- I personally like to use a non creamy concealer as they are harder to melt/wash off with water . I use the Oriflame tea tree concealer (Its not the creamiest but gets my blemishes covered ) and stays the longest . Dont use it under the eyes though :P
- Use a cream blush if you must . Max factor cream blush will give you kissable flush and will look most natural , Unlike Maybelline dream matte mousse which has shimmer :|
- Highlighters and shimmers can take a break this season
- Use waterproof mascaras and kajals . Recos - Maybelline mascaras,Oriflame waterproof top coat and Lotus Kajal
- Dont fuss over eye make up , they WILL melt . If you must , then use eye pencils instead of e/s . Colorbar/aLakme and Bourjois have loads of pretty shades :)
- Groom your brows nicely . Fix them with a spoolie and some hair gel . You may also use clear mascara to tame them
- Tint is your best friend in Monsoons . Flush your cheeks ,or paint your lips , This baby will be with you through your thick and thin, Recos - Lakme just kissed tint/ TBS tint
- If tint is too drying . USE the newly launched Lakme lip pencils .. I Lurve "Terracota" , this shade will suit almost everyone
- Berries/Plums/Dark Pinks are the color of the season . Keep the attention to your Flushed cheeks and glowing skin and and Maybe those berry lips .. ahh :)
- Use the thick plastic bags in bright colors to carry your stuff. Keep wet tissues , wide toothed combs and some make up remover too
- And last but not the least the evr so meticulous umbrellas in funky colors !~!
Hands down the most romantic scene . And Ryan Gosling .. Now dont get me started . Sigh .